‘World FM Day’ – the worldwide celebration of the facilities management profession, takes place Wednesday 13 July 2016. BIFM is hosting celebrations over the whole week (from 11 – 15 July).
World FM Day aims to recognise the vital work that FM professionals, and the FM sector, contributes to businesses worldwide whilst raising the profile of the FM profession across the globe. Led by Global FM through its World FM Day Task Force it has been an annual celebration since 2009.
This year’s theme is about celebrating the role FM has to play in ‘Empowering people for a productive world’. It will look at how facilities management enables different business disciplines to collaborate to deliver high quality business performance.
This is the single biggest worldwide connection and celebration of FM and you are encouraged to take part, pause and celebrate the work you do!” Everyone can get involved from joining activities already being held, to holding your own or getting involved on social media.
BIFM is hosting a range of activities alongside events taking place from associations and organisations all over the world.
- BIFM Sustainability SIG: Clean, Green & Cherished
- BIFM Channel Islands: Herm Island site visit, presentation and networking
- BIFM International SIG: Breakfast seminar – Outsourcing across borders: the FM leaders’ perspective
- BIFM International SIG: Lunch seminar – The referendum result: the reality of our decision
- BIFM International SIG: Evening event – Empowerment and productivity celebrating all that’s good about FM
- BIFM webinar: The Facilities Management Career Development Pathway
- ACE project solutions: ‘Maintaining Asset Value across the Caribbean and Latin America’– 2 day conference, Barbados