A STRATFORD-UPON-AVON company has admitted a string of health and safety offences following the death of one of its workers and is facing a fine of as much as £2million.
Mark Seward, aged 49, died from serious head injuries he suffered in an incident at AGD Equipment on Masons Road on 27th May, 2015, when a pressurised cylinder he was testing exploded.
And on Tuesday, 3rd January, at Nuneaton Magistrates’ Court, the company admitted three charges related to breaches of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
The company was warned it could be fined around £2million when sentenced at Warwick Crown Court later this month.
AGD Equipment is a family-owned company that rents and services construction equipment. It has a turnover in excess of £13million.